[H-GEN] Solaris 9 on a laptop?

James C. McPherson James.McPherson at Sun.COM
Sun Dec 15 17:14:00 EST 2002

On Wed, 11 Dec 2002 20:31:33 +1000 Peter Arnold <arnoldpj at optushome.com.au> wrote:

> Hi,I'm just considering my options at this point and one of those options is
> installing Solaris 9 on a Toshiba laptop. What I'm curious about is wirless
> network card support. I have an orinoco silver card that is supported with 3rd
> party drivers in solaris 8 but I'm not sure of support in Sol 9 as I can't
> find a HCL for 9 in particular. Any experience here?
> I'm not prepared to pay $40 for the prevlidge of finding out my self (ie
> dowload the ISO's) particularly as it's only early access.

Hi Peter,
I guess you're using the lynnsoft drivers with solaris 8/x86? I'll ping some
internal aliases and see what's known. I _think_ it'll work just fine, but
I'll check for gotchas. Which version are you using at the moment btw?

cheers,
James C. McPherson
--
Pacrim PTS Engineer            828 Pacific Highway
                               Gordon NSW