[H-GEN] RedHat 8.0

Tony Nugent tony at linuxworks.com.au
Sun Dec 1 21:32:29 EST 2002

On Mon Dec 02 2002 at 11:04, "Dimitri Andronikos" wrote:

> I'm after a copy of RedHat 8.0. Is it possible for anyone to burn me a copy
> at the next meeting or for the next meeting. I will be very grateful and
> give whoever some money to cover any costs.

If you live anywhere near the Gold Coast, I can give you a complete
set of them.  (Actually, I'm planning to be in Brisbane tomorrow,
Tuesday, so it might be possible to arrange something then).

I can also give you a disk with all the updates (almost 400Mb so
far).

Overall though, I would recommend staying with rh7.3 (or rh7.2),
which has a proven track record.  As is usual with most redhat X.0
releases, rh8.0 has some teething problems, and I would personally
wait until rh8.1 is around before upgrading to it.

I can give you install disks for rh7.3 that have most of the updates
put into the installation itself (which can save a lot of upgrading
hassles).

> Thanks
>
> Dimitri

Cheers