[H-GEN] Brisbane LUGs

Ben Fowler fowlerb at optushome.com.au
Thu Aug 29 02:27:59 EDT 2002

Hi,

Nikolai Lusan wrote:
> I was searching around the 'net for some drivers and I came across a
> link in a guys .sig for the "South East Brisbane Linux Users Group"
> http://www.seblug.org/ . Is this Brisbane Australia? The site has no
> information on them whatever it seems like a slashdot style news site.

I think it is, although I haven't been to a meeting myself.  I think aj
and some others might've gone to one or two.

> Does anyone know if this is a real LUG or if there are any other LUGs in
> Brisbane?  I know there was an attempt to get one going on the Gold Coast,
> but I was always of the view that HUMBUG was _the_ recognised LUG for
> Brisbane.

I think this has been discussed on the HUMBUG mailing lists before.  I
think the bloke (Andrew Hatfield) who started the groups (and apparently
is still the prime mover) showed up to HUMBUG once.  If memory serves
correctly, some HUMBUG members went to a SEBLUG meeting or two as well,
but I haven't heard of anything since.

The website dosen't look too bad, but the last post was in April.  I
wonder if the club itself is still alive and kicking?

-regards,

Ben.

--
Ben Fowler, email: <ben.fowler at humbug.org.au> pgp/gpg key id: FFDE6AF7