[H-GEN] Forth - was : eeprom tools

David Seikel won_fang at yahoo.com.au
Mon Aug 26 23:35:27 EDT 2002

 --- Michael Anthon <michael at anthon.net> wrote:
> [2] who the hell ever learned Forth anyway?  I tried once and
> couldn't get my head around it, even bought a book called "Starting
> Forth".  That said, I could probably understand it better now but
> don't have any great desire to do so.

For some strange reason, modems and telescopes are sometimes programmed
in Forth.  I had some fun with my old Maestro ZXR modem, you could give
it a command to drop it into it's Forth interpretor mode B-).  I've
always said, I don't like Reverse Polish Notation, 'cause I'm not a
reversed Pole.

http://digital.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Digital How To
- Get the best out of your PC!