[H-GEN] Linux related work in Bris vegas?

ben.carlyle at invensys.com ben.carlyle at invensys.com
Tue Aug 27 01:44:55 EDT 2002

G'day,

Perhaps you would find it easier to sell yourself to prospective employers
if you were more descriptive about why you consider your level of
programming prowess to be high compared to other candidates. Of course
hardcore coding is a very small part of what makes a good software
engineer. It's advisable also to be able to convey how well you will be
able to work in a team. It's a good idea to be able to bend to even
apparently unreasonable ways of doing certain things in the interests of
consistency between team members. It's generally not so good an idea to
say "I'm good at programming" straight out because whether or not your're
going to be good at programming is something employers like to decide for
themselves based on the evidence you provide rather than believing in your
prowess without evidence.

:)  YMMV, of course.

Benjamin.

David Seikel <won_fang at yahoo.com.au>