[H-GEN] Linux related work in Bris vegas?

Paul Gearon pag at PISoftware.com
Mon Aug 26 09:23:14 EDT 2002

On Mon, 26 Aug 2002, Ben Martin wrote:

<snip/>
> The main problem I've had there is that most companies (from what I have
> seen) want the 'feel good' factor of Linux, ie. the perception that they
> are keeping up with things and not missing any developments. But they
> don't *really* want it. So they end up with a token 486 running
> Linux+apache and claim that the company is Linux friendly. It may just
> be that I've had a bad run of interviews.

That sounds more like a sysadmin interview.  When you're writing code
you're either developing for Linux or you aren't.

Well maybe that's not quite true if you're trying to write portable code,
but if you're on an embedded system then it certainly is.  :-)

Regards,
Paul Gearon

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum
immane mittam.
(Translation from latin: "I have a catapult. Give me all the money,
or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.")