[H-GEN] Redhat 7.3 Media Failure

Conor Cunningham cunningham at uq.net.au
Tue Aug 20 12:52:13 EDT 2002

Morning all,

2:47am and no rest for the wicked huh. I am, for the 9th time today
greeted by a msg saying

    There was an error installing abiword-0.99.5-1. This can indicate
    media failure, lack of disk space, and/or hardware problems. This is
    a fatal error and your install will be aborted. Please verify your
    media and try your install again.

    Press the OK button to reboot your system.

I have tried 3 sets of disks - all good, it is not my Hard drive, just trust
me on this one.

The package differs each time, sometimes on disk 1, sometime number 2.
Im installing on a Dell 8200 Inspiron with a standard configuration.
20Gb Hdd. 5Gb WinblowsXP Pro NTFS, 5GB Linux EXT3 and a 10Gb Fat32
Extended partition. 768Mb swap. Has anyone had this problem before, im
pulling my hair out here Sorry if this email makes little to no sense,
im tired and must keep working.

ANy clues would rock my world right now.

night night.

--
Regards,

Conor Cunningham

Managing Director
Cunningtek Technologies
ABN: 92 097 126 695

cunnigham at uq.net.au
PH: 0411 545 998

DIGITAL FINGERPRINT
4E60 84BD 62A6 5527 F2A7  3F34 1B24 AB4A 25D6 E03B