[H-GEN] dual booting

3 Blokes gerbil at bigpond.net.au
Sun Aug 18 20:19:09 EDT 2002

(Quote:)
> Sandra. (really apologetic about sending M$ stuff to the list, but this
may
> help ppl in the long run)

>This stuff is on topic imho (being how a PC unix & MS software live
>together on a disk).

I dont think this is off topic at all, I will be needing to dual boot Win 2k
and (possibly freeBSD) failing that Mandrake, lol, in the not so distant
future, so all this information I am reading is helping, thankyou Sandra,
also, while i'm typing away has anyone had experience with freebsd (or any
BSD flavour for that matter), I heard from a friend that it is really simple
on the NAT side of things, and although I have never had trouble with
Mandrake NAT, I have had trouble with opening ports on my Mandrake
box(iptables ect, is way beyond me I feel) and because of that i'm inclined
to give anything a go that is actually easier.

NOTE: Pls dont flame me, beat me, ect. for anything in this message that is
wrong, I am a Unix Newbie and am just going on the limited knowledge I have,
Please be nice!

Cheers,
           Joe