[H-GEN] dual booting

Sandra Milne silne at optushome.com.au
Fri Aug 16 21:34:30 EDT 2002

I have an interesting problem that I wondered if anyone else had come
across. I recently installed woody (debian 3.0) on my win2k computer.
Everything went quite smoothly, and the installer even offered to set up
lilo for me to dual boot which I thought was a nice touch. WELL, I booted
into windohs, and suddenly it's saying "found new hardware" and wanting to
install something it called a "generic volume". Did I do something wrong?
I've never had a windohs installation that could see my linux partition
without help before. (I've used explore2fs to copy stuff off a linux
partition onto a windohs partition whilst in windohs)

This wouldn't normally bother me, but it seems to slow the system to a
crawl (and by that I mean more of a crawl than usual) whenever I open
explorer windows or try to browse for a file/directory. I've had win2k and
debian installed on the same machine a the same time before and this has
never happened.

Any comments/suggetsions, no matter how caustic/sarcastic would be appreciated.

Sandra.

silne at optushome.com.au
ICQ: 7632763
http://members.optushome.com.au/silne