[H-GEN] Re: [H-ANNOUNCE] Australian Open Source Awards: Call for Nominations (fwd)

Ewan Edwards Ewan.Edwards at mincom.com
Tue Aug 6 19:11:02 EDT 2002

Good morning,

                       RDESKTOP
If you use it, or are familiar with it, please read this.

If you are not then, it may be worth your while to check out this URL.
http://www.rdesktop.org

Ever since Raymond forwarded the attached message to the announce list, I've
been thinking that it would be good to see Matt Chapman nominated for his
efforts to produce rdesktop.  Unfortunately, I have no idea how to put
together a suitable nomination or what the requirements would be for such a
nomination.

So, first up I should ask if anyone knows if a nomination has been submitted.

On the assumption that no such nomination has been made, is there anyone who
would be prepared to prepare, or collaborate in preparing, a nomination?

I know that I'm probably leaving this a bit late, since nominations close
this Monday, 12 Aug.  I figure the rdesktop product is so useful to me (and
I'm sure others on this list) that some sort of recognition should be made of
the effort to produce it.

I think its worth the effort to encourage those with the skill and dedication
to produce GPL and other open source software.  These people are under no
obligation to do any of this.  It is people like me who take all the benefits
of the work and effort of others who should be grateful and express that
gratitude, at least occasionally.  These awards are an opportunity.

Regards,
Ewan

Ewan Edwards BE MIEAust CPEng MCSE
Systems Administrator
MineStar Solutions
Ewan.Edwards at mincom.com
Telephone: +61 (0) 7 3303 3554
Facsimile: +61 (0) 7 3303 3470
Growing old may be mandatory, but growing up is still optional.
This transmission is for the intended addressee only and is
confidential information.  If you have received this transmission in
error, please delete it and notify the sender.  The contents of this
e-mail are the opinion of the writer only and are not endorsed by the
Mincom Group of companies unless expressly stated otherwise.