[H-GEN] Thanks and another thing ...

Hilton Travis Hilton at QuarkAV.com
Mon Apr 29 16:39:08 EDT 2002

Hi Scott,

On Mon, 2002-04-29 at 18:22, Scott Pullen wrote:
> Thanks for your suggestions, it looks like MasqDialer is the way to go.
>
> Does anyone have a internal/external scsi adapter that I can beg, borrow
> or steal ... oops I mean loan.  I want to set up the dinosaur but it has
> no cdrom drive in it.  I could take one out of another of my boxes and
> temporarily put it in the old server until it is up and running but I
> can get hold of a old external scsi cdrom drive and all I need is the
> adapter (50 pin fast scsi2 as there is no external connestion on the
> server).  I've been told that the adapters are like hens teeth but you
> don't know until you ask.   I'll load and configure Linux, then return
> the components.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Scott.

If I looked hard enough, I'm sure I could find an old Seagate ST01/ST02
controller I used to use, but now keep as a spare.  I have SCSI onboard
on all my motherboards that currently need SCSI, so have no current need
for this adapter.  If you want to borrow it, lemme know, and I'll hunt
for it and confirm its location for you.

--

Regards,

Hilton Travis