[H-GEN] Scanner & Camera & USB Under Linux

Anthony Towns aj at azure.humbug.org.au
Thu Apr 18 03:03:55 EDT 2002

On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 04:11:45PM +1000, Frank Brand wrote:
> I am now convinced that despite what people say, Mandrake Linux at
> least, has reached the stage where an office could survive with Linux
> on a day to day basis at the desktop as well as server level.

Using what software for what, out of curiousity? (word
processing? spreadsheets? accounting stuff? web surfing?) Even just doing
invoicing with a GST component seems to require some hacking with Linux...

> So why should these 95% of users change to Linux?

(So they don't accidently send emails in things other than standard text,
with lines of around 75 characters or less?)

Cheers,
aj

     ``BAM! Science triumphs again!''
                    -- http://www.angryflower.com/vegeta.gif