[H-GEN] USB (firewire) on Linux

Johann Kwiatkowski johann at spot-the-dog.com
Fri Apr 12 23:54:19 EDT 2002

as a side note to firewire, I came across a utility (I think this was posted to
slashdot.com) that allows you to back up to a dvd camera across firewire, from a
linux box. A standard 90 minute tape was about 10gig from memory. The beauty of
this (apart from the tinkering value) was that cameras are relatively easy to
replace, the tapes are easy to get, and the transfer speed is pretty good.

cheers

Johann

--
Johann Kwiatkowski