[H-GEN] USB on Linux

Johann Kwiatkowski johann at spot-the-dog.com
Sat Apr 13 00:00:30 EDT 2002

Robert Brockway wrote:

> I've been running a USB Logitech Quickcam for about a year or so.  Is
> stable on my Athlon-800.
> Rob

it that a quickcam VC or just a quickcam? if its the VC model so then thats
great to hear, I've been waiting for support since 1999 when I bought the
thing. I had heard there was some support a couple of months ago, but haven't
gotten around to playing with it.

The other usb device I have working is the USB ethernet card from SMC -
SMC-2202USB. This is the card you get if you join telstra bigpond cable and
opt for the usb ethernet card. It works fine, but sometimes, even under
windows, the ethernet card will just drop out, and it has to be unplugged and
plugged back in to reset it. I believe this is a fault with the card.
Configure from a default redhat 7.1 install involved plugging it in, setting
up the new interface and away it went, all under 5 mins.

cheers

Johann

--
Johann Kwiatkowski