[H-GEN] USB on Linux

Frank Brand fbrand at uq.net.au
Fri Apr 12 02:51:17 EDT 2002

>Did you attend Linux.conf.au this year?   There was a talk on usb at
>that conference which demonstrated many different devices.   Perhaps
>there's some info in the conference proceedings?

No I didn't Chris but I know Brad Hart? was it gave a talk. I have read his
stuff but there is not a lot of information of use.

I would like to get my usb hard drive operative if I could...there is a very
informative unofficial how-to for using the Disk-On-Key pen drive on Linux
(the manufacturer claims Linux operation but provides very little in the way
of assistance). My usb hard drive operates through an ATAPI-USB bridge that
seems to be present on my system when I plug it in but my information is
that these devices actually become quasi-SCSI drives and there are a couple
of SCSI components  that need to be present to use the usb-storage
module...I think one is scd and the other sg or something like it? Still
searching.

So since I have no SCSI devices on my system I may need to install some bits
before it can be detected.

Thanks

Frank Brand