[H-GEN] USB on Linux

Frank Brand fbrand at uq.net.au
Fri Apr 12 02:03:55 EDT 2002

Recently, USB support has been added to the linux kernel.

I have not yet been able to use any USB devices because of an (apparent)
absence of drivers.

Examples of stuff I may want to use include USB hard drives, pen drives, USB
flash memory readers, USB modems. USB hard Drives and USB Pen drives
(actually just a fancy repackaging of flash memory) are great for
transferring BIG files from computer to computer in the absence of high
speed networks.

Well, looks like my Microtech Flash Memory card reader is supported at
least.

I am just wondering whether anyone has yet been able to use the USB support
that has been provided and what are you using?

Frank Brand