[H-GEN] Simple Linux editors

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Mon Apr 8 01:16:59 EDT 2002

On Mon, 8 Apr 2002, Sharon Dainty wrote:

> as a 'newbie', I find this argument quite amusing. Doesnt it just depend on
> what your used to?
> At Uni I am doing everything on emacs, and I find it very easy. cut paste
> copy, anything ; Im sure if I ever used pico, vi, ed or sed, I would find
> them just as hard as I am only used to using emacs.

Youre right but Greg has a point also.  Things are different for those
wishing to be Sysadmins.  They'll find themselves working with machines
that are broken badly from time to time.  They don't have the luxury of
using Emacs, or maybe even vi to fix the system.

So it is partly what you are used to & partly the needs your work/computer
usage places on you.
Rob

-- Robert Brockway B.Sc. email: robert at timetraveller.org  ICQ: 104781119
   blake: up 88 days, 13:48, 10 users,  load average: 1.01, 1.06, 1.03