[H-GEN] Spamassassin performance tests

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Sun Apr 7 07:52:35 EDT 2002

[ lmth.etteuqiten/ua.gro.gubmuh.www//:ptth :gnidnatsrednu elihwhtroW ]
[           .retrahc s'tsil eht evresbo esaelP  .scipot detaler-xinU ]
[  dna gubmuH tuoba snoissucsid suoires-imes - tsil *lareneG* gubmuH ]

On Sun, 7 Apr 2002, Tony Nugent wrote:

>   Not many (very few, if any) spams are missed, but its "threshold"
>   score level of "5.0 hits" is too low, even 7.0 gets a lot of false
>   positives -- but raising it then allows more real spam to slip
>   through.

Ever spam that I've had slip throug bar one has had a rating in the range
5-6 so I've increased my threshold to 6 & now all is going well.

> It's a real pity that the internet has come to the point where email
> needs to be so thoroughly filtered and censored...

Indeed.  I'm sure many of us remember the "good ol' days" :)  Maybe that
is why we are less tolerant to spam than the general public - we remember
before it occured (or at least was quite so common).
Cheers,
	-Rob

-- Robert Brockway B.Sc. email: robert at timetraveller.org  ICQ: 104781119
   blake: up 87 days, 20:22, 11 users,  load average: 1.00, 1.00, 1.00