[H-GEN] Fwd: No Luck Yet

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Mon Apr 1 05:21:12 EST 2002

On Mon, 1 Apr 2002, rodney wrote:

> I'm sorry I'm a newbie and not to sure what to check , the symlink to cdrom
> points to /dev/scd0 and cdrom2 points to /dev/scd1 also my floppy  points to
> fb0 .

The floppy device is /dev/fd0.

As a tip, many unix admins avoid the use of symlinks in /dev as they tend
to mess with file locking.  In the end is it really harder to remember
/dev/fd0 than /dev/floppy :)
Cheers,
	-Rob

-- Robert Brockway B.Sc. email: robert at timetraveller.org  ICQ: 104781119
   blake: up 81 days, 18:51,  2 users,  load average: 1.01, 1.02, 1.00