[H-GEN] dns problems

Ron sunburnt at hypermax.net.au
Tue Sep 4 00:55:44 EDT 2001

> any major problem. I do not know for sure but I suspect that they use
> Telstra multiplexers, so if Telstra do not have capacity I imagine the other
> suppliers dont either...then there is the possibility that they do have
> their own equipment.

Well my nephew up in Cairns has just supervised the installation of
Telstra's ADSL in a company and he's had a monitor on it 24/7 and says
the speed is all over the place... when he enquired of a Telstra tech he
was advised that Qld was running under DSL routers in Melbourne, which I
find hard to believe but you never know.

He reckons ISDN (256k?) is far preferable for stability and reliability
and consistent speed, though it's much more expensive than ADSL.

Ron Shafran
SC Designs