[H-GEN] Redhat 7.1 and modems.

Raymond Smith raymonds at uq.net.au
Tue May 22 06:24:35 EDT 2001

Hi David,

On Tue, 22 May 2001 daveu at ozemail.com.au wrote:
> I just upgraded from RH 7.0 to 7.1 last night, and to my surprise
> during reboot KUDZU kindly informed me that my modem had been removed.

Kudzu keeps a list of known devices under '/etc/sysconfig/hwconf'. When I
was playing around with RedHat 6.2 I found that I could remove entries
from this file to trick Kudzhu into redetecting devices. You could try
this to force it to redetect your modem. Remember to make a backup copy of
the file first!

HTH,

Raymond