[H-GEN] Fiddling with Kylix

Darrin Mison staeci at yahoo.com
Fri May 11 01:15:38 EDT 2001

Is anyone on this list using Kylix?  I hunted down a copy because I have
to use Delphi at TAFE.  I don't mind it except for two things:

1 - The editor isn't vim (grrrrrr)
2 - The editor, main toolbar, form and object inspector/explorer seem to
have some sort of built in auto-raise function so they constantly pop to
the top whenever they get focus.  Happens in fvwm2 and windowmaker -
don't know about others.  I hate this cause I like to have windows
floating over the top of others although I have the focus on the one at
the bottom.  If I had a 21inch monitor this wouldn't be a problem ;-)

I don't expect there to be any solution to the first problem but the
second is something which seems like it should be fixable.  I tried
fiddling with the autoraise settings in both wm but to no avail Kylix
seems to like to do its own thing.
--
Darrin Mison
When your only tool is a hammer, all your problems look like nails.