[H-GEN] DSelect

Jason Henry Parker jasonp at uq.net.au
Fri Mar 16 00:55:07 EST 2001

On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 03:20:55PM +1000, Anthony Ison wrote:
> My particular case is that I have marked an X task, then decided I didn't
> want to download that much right then.  Unmarking the item I marked didn't
> do a whole lot becuase it was basically a link to mark a whole lot of other
> items.  Is there any way to make dselect sweep through items it has marked
> for you and remove them if no longer necessary?

There are other programs that will do this against all the packages
installed on the machine at the moment they run, but you want something
that will work *now*, right?

Well, if you haven't quit dselect, you might find you can get back to
where you were by hitting the `R' key.  If not, look through the help;
there is probably a key that will quit dselect entire without changing
the list of selected packages at all.

Oh, and task packges are Pure Evil.

jason
--
``Just because one proposes a measure to prevent promotion
        of a risk-filled and controversial sexual behavior