[H-GEN] Building a 2.4 kernel for Debian Potato

Marshall, Joshua marshallj at switch.aust.com
Mon Jul 23 19:58:35 EDT 2001

I've successfully built a 2.4.6-xfs kernel for a Debian Potato box, and
I keep getting these errors:

depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in
/lib/modules/2.4.6-xfs/kernel/net/sched/sch_csz.o

There are a stack of modules that have unresolved symbols in them. I
have compiled modutils 2.4.6 and installed that, and still get the
errors.

Yesterday I moved to 2.4.7 and get more errors (to the point that all
modules have unresolved symbols)

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Josh.