[H-GEN] Redhat 7.0 & Internet

Michael Anthon michael at anthon.net
Wed Jul 11 18:21:42 EDT 2001

On 2001.07.12 01:44 David Underwood wrote:
<snip>
> Starting pppd at Wed Jul 11 18:04:23 2001
>
> To me everything seems ok here, however it is at this point when all
> activity appears to cease.
<snip>
So far so good.  i'm not overly familiar with RH any more, but this log
would suggest that you have gotten all the way through the chat script
(assuming that RH is using chat) and has then tried to launch pppd to
establish the ppp link.  You now need to find out where RH logs the pppd
info (possibly /var/log/ppp.log??) and have a look in there to see what is
happening with pppd

Cheers
Michael