[H-GEN] RedHat 7.1 Network

David Duffy avd at audiovisualdevices.com.au
Tue Jul 10 19:20:57 EDT 2001

Whoo-hoo, I finally got it going! Joel hit the nail on the head when
he mentioned the smbpasswd file. It did not exist!!  I don't recall
setting that file up on the RH6.1 machine. I added in the required
user names & passwords and that was it. Also had to change the
permissions on the shared directory and add users to that group.
Looking at the RH6.1's smbpasswd file, it looks as though it gets
its passwords from the main password file - could that be right? I
think the way I've got it on the new machine is better security-wise.
Now, back to that firewall...
David Duffy        Audio Visual Devices P/L
U8, 9-11 Trade St, Cleveland 4163 Australia
Ph: +61 7 38210362   Fax: +61 7 38210281
New Web: www.audiovisualdevices.com.au