[H-GEN] RedHat 7.1 Network

Robert Kearey mammal at optushome.com.au
Tue Jul 10 01:49:41 EDT 2001

David Duffy wrote:

> Hmmm... I just checked the firewall rules in gnome and there are none!

ipchains -L will give you a more definitive answer. Red Hat 7.1 keeps
its rulesets in /etc/sysconfig/ipchains.

> One odd thing is that Linuxconf doesn't show Apache or Samba in the
> "server tasks" section like my old RH6.1 box does. Any idea's ?
> However, it does say that Samba is running and in automatic mode.

If you value your sanity, don't use linuxconf. It is the system
environment configuration tool of Beelzebub himself.

You can run "setup" and select system services, but it's best to learn
how to use chkconfig. chkchonfig --help gives a nice list of options and
examples.

--
Rob Kearey
Red Hat Asia-Pacific