[H-GEN] Re: linux.conf.au

Raymond Smith raymonds at uq.net.au
Tue Jan 23 00:10:53 EST 2001

On Tue, 23 Jan 2001, Martin Pool wrote:
> But at any rate, the question (not particularly to Andrae) is: do you
> want to argue about the bad old days, or do you want to run a good
> conference next year?

Yes.

> Winter in Brisbane would work well for southerners, but a fair
> fraction of the attendees travelled from the northern hemisphere.  I'm
> not sure how they'd feel about going to Brisbane winter from northern
> summer.  Probably neutral, and I guess it's a good time to see
> Queensland.

*shrug* You are between a rock and a hard place unless you choose spring
or autumn and even then you can't get past the fact that you are changing
seasons.

What are the opinions of other HUMBUG members out there regarding the
conference? Is this something we would like to see HUMBUG do? Is this
something you would like to be involved in?

Gary has made a credible offer to (along with his wife (whose name I
forget right now)) be chief organiser. But this will not work unless
you the happy denziens of HUMBUG want it to happen.

What say you all?

Raymond