[H-GEN] Using xdm to query remote hosts?

Michael Anthon michael at anthon.net
Mon Dec 10 05:44:46 EST 2001

I used to do this with xdm.  Can't recall exactly how any more and I don't
have the man pages installed.  If I understand what you are after then you
may be looking for the "indirect" option.  This causes xdm to present you
with a chooser listing all the X hosts it can locate and allows you to
launch a session to any of them.  I don't recall if there is a way to make
it display a certain list of hosts or to tell it about hosts that it can't
find directly, but there may well be a way to do it.  As well, gdm supports
XDMCP.

Cheers
Michael