[H-CHAT] Re: [H-GEN] Stalling Netscape

John Ryland jryland at trolltech.com
Mon Apr 16 22:36:54 EDT 2001

On Tue, 17 Apr 2001 10:56p, Frank Brand wrote:
> Yup, I looked at Galleon but it was not that simplistic and I decided to
> wait until later in the cycle...if the cycle ever completes.

I believe it's spelt 'Galeon'

Anyway it has worked nicely for me. It has some nice features, like the
tabbed windows (uncluttered browsing), and session saving so when it crashes
(which admittedly it does do) you can atleast fire it up again and go back to
where you were with all the pages you had previously opened. It also fits
nicely in to a GNOME desktop. The HTML rendering is from Mozilla so it will
have similar problems with pages that cause Mozilla and Netscape problems.

I would say give Galeon a chance and also give Konqueror a go. Konqueror has
its own good points, like its cookie management, browser agent string
customising, stability and integration with the KDE desktop.

--
Regards
John