[H-GEN] Problems Dialing in to Bigpond

Clinton Roy croy at dstc.edu.au
Sat Apr 7 03:49:52 EDT 2001

David Findlay <david_j_findlay at yahoo.com.au> writes:
> It connects fine,
that's the hard bit done ;)

> but I can't reach anything. I can ping the other modem at the other
> end but nothing past that. What am I doing wrong?

It sounds like a routing problem, have you got the `defaultroute'
option in your /etc/ppp/peers/provider file?

If you've already got another interface set up with the default route,
pppd won't change it, IIRC. Try `route -n' to view your current
routes, and `route del default gw other-interface-ip' followed by a
`route add default gw ppp-peer-ip'.

hope that helps, and I hope it's not too wrong, but I *know* I'll be
advised of any mistakes rather quickly ;)

> P.S. When is the next HUMBUG meeting?
next weekend, the 14th, according to the web page.
--
Clinton Roy

I speak for me and myself, but not my shadow.