[H-GEN] Linux Problems

Damian Bickhoff q9405096 at brampton.cqu.edu.au
Fri Sep 8 02:36:34 EDT 2000

Frank Brand uttered:
> Does the rpm include everything I need or do I still need to download
> and play with mozilla and other library stuff?

damian at thai:~/tmp$ ldd `which galeon-bin`
	[bunch of libs]
	libgtkembedmoz.so => not found
	[more mozilla stuff]

damian at thai:~/tmp$ dlocate libgtkembedmoz.so
mozilla: /usr/lib/mozilla/libgtkembedmoz.so

I originally tried using mozilla + cvs galeon, and got it to compile and
run, but it'd segfault as it finished loading a page.  mozilla-dev as a
package doesn't contain all you need to build galeon.  However, if you
just want the binary, all you need is the "mozilla" package, and the
aliened galeon rpm.

Also, you should probably use this instead of the default
/usr/bin/galeon:

--- 8< ---
#!/bin/sh

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/mozilla:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=/usr/lib/mozilla

exec /usr/bin/galeon-bin $@
--- 8< ---

> Sounds interesting. When it drops out do I lose my connection or just
> need to restart Galeon. I find I need to restart Netscape every now
> and again.

When I say "drops out", I mean a fatal error which makes Galeon
disappear.  Can be really annoying, so use lynx / links /w3m for
important stuff where possible.  Restarting also helps, a bit like
Netscape...

I just can't stand Motif.  That's the reason I stay away from big NS.
--
damian