[H-GEN] Paul Gearon's X-Windows problem

Frank Brand fbrand at uq.net.au
Wed Sep 6 21:37:03 EDT 2000

Paul,

I neglected to add to my last comment on colour depth that one way I
used to do this was set up two aliases...one Win16 for 16 bit colour and
a second ...Win24 for 24 bit colour with each having the relevant startx
bpp etc.

If I wanted 16 bit colour I just entered Win16 at the console etc.
Although this is not going to work with xdm.

It has also been drawn to my attention that Windows can change colour
depth on the fly by just telling it to apply changes without
rebooting...was not thinking about that.

Frank Brand