Fascist Majordomo (was Re: [H-GEN] Humbug General... (fwd))

Jason Henry Parker jasonp at uq.net.au
Tue Oct 3 05:46:32 EDT 2000

Andrae Muys <a.muys at mailbox.uq.edu.au> forwarded:

> I have made a couple of postings to General today, but they don't seem to be
> going through.

The problem is the use of a word matching the regex that defines a:

        * word boundary
        * a `u', an `n', an `s'
        * one or more word characters
        * antoher word boundary

in the first few lines of the email sent to majordomo.

IOW, talking about the debian distribution that is `not stable' too
soon may cause majordomo to silently drop your mail (much as Ben's
post to chat did a few days ago).

I try to deal with these bounces as quickly as I can, but I don't have
time to do it always.

Bruce, can you please modify the regex used to match something closer
to the word `un subscribe'?  As it is, it's *far* too loose.

I'm not going to forward all the silent bounces I had about this
because the question appears to have been dealt with.

jason
--
``Just once I'd like a parrot to say that to me.''
                                -- Marge Simpson