[H-GEN] Support to change Humbug's constitution.

Jason Henry Parker jasonp at uq.net.au
Wed Nov 29 16:51:56 EST 2000

Frank Brand <fbrand at uq.net.au> writes:

> If you want people to attend an SGM or AGM things have to run on
> time...no timewasting etc.  There has to be a reason (maybe other
> than just attending an SGM or AGM as there is always something else
> to do). The explanations and documentation must be properly done
> beforehand etc etc.

I think you'll find the last AGM went very well, _except_ that it
didn't start on time because of the ridiculously large quorum.

> I would recommend the following:-
> 1. Re-appraise what the majority of Humbuggers want from meetings.

I think that's an excellent idea, but I'm not sure how to proceed.

> 3. Consider having some tight, solid technical sessions...maybe a

I think Andrae's DSIG stuff would fit.  By all reports, those talks
have been excellent, and because they're held in a seperate room,
they're interruption-free.  (I haven't been to the last two because of
prior commitment, but I'm told they were good.)

> I reckon theseconstitutional things pop up every 12 months or so.

Heh.

jason
--
``Banks *are* bastards.'' -- John Laws