[H-GEN] From alt.folklore.computers

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Thu Nov 2 11:08:46 EST 2000

Hi all.  As Multics is the ancestor of Unix (sort of) [1] I thought this
was relevant...

[1] Many an oldtimer here will be happy to explain the relationship
between Multics and the origin of Unix to newer users I'm sure.

Newsgroups: alt.folklore.computers

The Canadian Navy's Multics System in Halifax, Nova Scotia
was shut down at 17:08Z on 10/30/00.
This was the last running Multics site.

A letter to all Multicians from Prof. Fernando J. Corbato
is on the Multics web site at http://www.multicians.org/

There is further discussion in alt.os.multics.

RIP
:)

Rob

--Robert Brockway B.Sc.  Email:	robert at timetraveller.org