[H-GEN] modem/ppp problems

David Starkoff dbs at humbug.org.au
Sat May 13 22:34:09 EDT 2000

At 2000-05-13T05:44+1000, Marc D wrote:

> If there is any possible way, try grabbing an updated package of ppp.
> Running RedHat I experienced the same problems where after booting, it
> would take 2 dials to establish a ppp connection.  I figured this out
> to be a ppp problem and promptly upgraded pppd and all is fixed.  This
> only happened when I went to 2.2.14 also.

This is (was?) a recognised problem with Red Hat 6.1 on i386.  See:

  http://www.redhat.com/support/errata/RHEA1999051-01.html

The correct solution was (is?), as you noted, to get an updated package
of ppp.

Of course, this is probably of minimal help to Sarah, since Corel Linux
either did not exhibit this problem to any significant degree, or they
would have subsequently released an update through their own channels
(possibly by incorporating it into the distribution).

Still, something to investigate.

David.
--
    Some say this is an exciting time.  But it is the excitement of
    a teenager playing chicken, his car barreling down the highway,