[H-GEN] wget and https

Craig Irvine craig at mu.com.au
Wed May 3 07:50:15 EDT 2000

Hi All,

I have been trying to work with wget to try and access a site at QUT that
uses a https prefix for the address.  We have a .wgetrc file that has the
userid, password and http proxy info.  wget is working for the usual http
addresses.  If we try to use https then wget reverts to trying to use ftp.
For example, for the site https//qutvirtual.qut.edu.au wget comes back with
the adress ftp://https:21/qutvirtual.qut.edu.au

After rereading the man page for wget it just mentions http and ftp.  Does
anyone know a workaround??

TIA
Craig Irvine