[H-GEN] Telstra Big Pond Cable & OpenBSD

Byron Ellacott bje at apnic.net
Sun Mar 19 18:55:22 EST 2000

On Sat, 18 Mar 2000, Ian Lister wrote:

[snip]

I set up a Debian box to masq a BigPond cable connection, using a program
called bids2login, available at
http://www.interlink.com.au/ltd/unix_client/

There's a FreeBSD client there.  It's closed source, and Linux with
glibc2.1.2 gets a nasty memory leak with it.  There's also a GPL'd client
that looks eerily similar to bids2login, and although I've not found a URL
for it (it was sent to me by someone else) I can forward it on to you if
you wish.  I don't know how portable it'll be, but I don't think it does
anything fancy.

Other than that, DHCP client on one side, server on the other, standard
masq rules, and it all works nicely.

Oh, if yer sick enough, I can even dig out a Java auth client for you.

--
bje