[H-GEN] re Linux and Telstra Cable Modems

Daniel Quinlan daniel at netwise.net.au
Thu Jun 22 03:47:12 EDT 2000

On Thu, Jun 22, 2000 at 04:43:31PM +1000, Michael Pilecki wrote:
> I've just had a Cable Modem installed from Telstra and I'm trying to get it
> going with Linux. Telstra have NOT been a big help so far only saying that
> they don't support Linux BUT it does work with Linux.

yup, certainly does.

> Does anyone know of a web site that I get the necessary programs config etc
> to get this working.

I've got it working with Debian 2.2

attached is the conf files needed and the url for the bpalogin homepage
download the source and compile. the scripts expect to find it in
/usr/local/sbin but you can edit it to your liking =)

you'll also need the following packages
dhcpcd
ipmasq

regards,
Daniel Quinlan				daniel at netwise.net.au
Netwise Australia			ph:  07 3252 8111
"Engineering Your Network Solution"	fax: 07 3216 0226