[H-GEN] Time loss on copy

Rob Kearey robk at powerup.com.au
Wed Jun 14 01:12:10 EDT 2000

Frank Brand wrote:

> > Anyhow, is it RealTek or NE2000?  I think they are different cards.

> RealTek cards are NE2000 derivatives as Chris Biggs points out. This
> particular
> card is an ISA 8019 or 8029.

They're /workalike/ cards, not derivatives. The difference is highly
significant.

Any ISA network card is a Bad Idea these days, and especially so for an
NE2K workalike! Junk it for a decent 3Com PCI card (or somesuch) and
things will improve.

--
Rob Kearey  [whitespace goes here]  give me the karma, mama
51st Australian Intervarsity Choral Festival