[H-GEN] Time loss on copy

Christopher Biggs chris at stallion.oz.au
Tue Jun 13 00:55:41 EDT 2000

Martin Pool <mbp at linuxcare.com.au> moved upon the face of the 'Net and spake thusly:

> What timing signals are they?  Does he mean interrupts, or is he
> implying that the NIC hooks the clock interrupt.
>
> Anyhow, is it RealTek or NE2000?  I think they are different cards.

I think the realtek cards are in some way descendents of the NE2000's
general organization.

BTW, here's another data point.

My main Linux box is on a 100mb switch, and has an PCI RTL8139 10/100
ethernet card (that's 8139, not 8129; I don't know how different they
are).

I toss huge files (including network backups and CD images) around all
the time, and my clock is dead accurate.

cjb

--- Christopher Biggs - Stallion Technologies - chris at stallion.oz.au ---
The IEEE has monitored this electronic mail message, and asserts that no
energy was created or destroyed during its construction or transmission.