[H-GEN] Move Mail from Outlook Express to Linux...

Frank Brand fbrand at uq.net.au
Thu Jun 8 23:15:01 EDT 2000

On Thu, 08 Jun 2000, you wrote:
> [ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug and ]
> [ Unix-related topics.  Please observe the list's charter.          ]
>
> >From Outlook help
>
> I ran an export to see what happens, it will output a file to MS excel so if
> Star Office is about on the new machine it could be re imported I guess
> David

I think you are looking at Outlook not Outlook Express. This is not a major
drama as Outlook Express only exports into a couple of formats (IIRC) one of
which is Outlook. Outlook will export in a number of formats...not only Excel.
Eg. Access, Word, text format etc (again IIRC).

If you had a heap of messages this would be a pain in the proverbial if you
were doing it through Outlook by individual file. Also these files would not be
readable by another mail programme, you would need to be looking at your mail
through StarOffice, a text editor etc. This might defeat the purpose of the
origginal enquiry I would have thought.

Frank Brand