[H-GEN] Move Mail from Outlook Express to Linux...

David Male dmale at one.net.au
Thu Jun 8 06:10:47 EDT 2000

>From Outlook help

I ran an export to see what happens, it will output a file to MS excel so if
Star Office is about on the new machine it could be re imported I guess
David

About exporting items
You can export items either to a personal folder file, which can only be
viewed in Outlook, or to another file type, such as a text file, which can
then be imported into another program. If you think you may want to bring
the information back into Outlook at a later date, for example, to retrieve
items stored in an archive folder, you should export to a personal folder
file. If you plan to work with the data in another program, such as Word,
you should export to a file, and then select a file format Word can import.
For information about the file formats Outlook can export, click .

Exporting is also a convenient way to create a backup copy of a folder. When
you export, the items in the folder are copied to the export file. When you
archive, the items in the folder are moved to the archive file. In addition,
you can only archive to a personal folder file, but you can export to both a
personal folder file and other file types.