[H-GEN] SCSI Termination

Hilton Travis QuarkComputers at email.com
Sun Jun 4 00:32:56 EDT 2000

Hi Chris,

I am a true Student of the Illogical Art of SCSI, and have been training in
this art for over 10 years now.  I agree with your "Rules of Termination"
wholeheartedly.  I have seen many descriptions of how to quickly and easily,
or slowly and painfully, implement SCSI Termination and have managed to
reach the same plane of enlightenment that you are obviously in.  Strangely
enough, I think this is a somewhat warped plane.

One thing that newer students must be be clear in - it MUST be a *solid
silver* knife.  Silver plating will not, nor will a plating of gold suffice.

An enlightened student will be informed about scanners.  He will be informed
that no scanner has been awarded the "Best and Fairest" player award.  Nor
has any scanner been awarded the "Clearly marked and specified" award.  Most
scanners do not inform the unsuspecting student as to whether they have
inbuilt termination (be it passive or active), or whether they support
parity.  Woe is me.

Enlightened students will also be aware that SCSI Termination needs to be
adjusted on the SCSI card if there were previously no external devices.
Also that active is far better than passive (this applies for scsi
termination, sex and sport).

I trust this has enlightened all Students of the Illogical Art of SCSI.

Regards,
Hilton