[H-GEN] Emacs configuration hassles

Ben Fowler fowlerb at optushome.com.au
Thu Jul 27 03:35:21 EDT 2000

Dear All,

I'm trying to get XEmacs to do my bidding but I'm having little luck

I like to indent my code at 8 spaces per tab, so I put something like the
following in my .emacs file.

(set-custom-variables '(c-basic-offset 8))

(add-hook 'c-mode-hook (lambda () setq (c-basic-offset 8)))

No matter what I do, Emacs still insists on using a C indent distance of 2.
How can I fix this?

-warmest regards,

Ben.

--