[H-GEN] [bneely at linuxcare.com: fixing netscape]

Martin Pool mbp at linuxcare.com.au
Mon Jul 24 22:10:52 EDT 2000

Hi:

I'm not sure if you've seen this link yet, but if you apply the tweaks
suggested therein, Netscape will look a lot better.

http://people.redhat.com/~scoile/fonts/fixing.html

This will show you how to create compatibility font aliases for arial and
helvetica fonts, control the percentage of font size stepping, and prevent
Netscape from scaling unscalable fonts.  Also: you can get rid of those
useless "shopping" and "search" icons in the Netscape toolbar.

If you haven't noticed any ugly display issues in Netscape before, try loading
http://www.espn.com .  I used to see overlapping and chunky font pixelation on
this page, but now it is fixed.

Mozilla (M15 at least) looks fine to me with no changes.  :)

--
Brett Neely, Linuxcare, Inc.
415.354.4269 tel, 415.701.7457 fax

----- End forwarded message -----