[H-GEN] (Fwd) Help: How to anonymyse Squid Proxy Cache ?

Andrew Bennett a.bennett at library.uq.edu.au
Sun Jul 23 23:29:00 EDT 2000

Hi All,

Profound apologies if this ends up getting sent twice - my mail
client crashed halfway through last time and I'm unsure if it actually
got out.

I'm hoping someone can shine some light on a problem I have
encountered.

I'm running Squid 2.4 Devel on a Redhat 6.23 box to provide
proxying services.

Whilst I want most of the HTTP headers to be available to the
requested servers, I'd like to make one of them in particular
(HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR) always come out the same,
preferably the address of the proxy box itself.

Unfortunately, having it as "unknown" is no good to me.

I know that can turn it on or off using the "forwarded_for"
configuration option but can't seem to fake it in the same way I
could a "user_agent".

Any ideas ?

Cheers,
ajb.

Andrew Bennett
Fileserver & Network Support CoOrdinator
IT Services, The University of Queensland Library

email: a.bennett at library.uq.edu.au
phone: 3365 6722