[H-GEN] few things

Daniel Quinlan daniel at netwise.net.au
Mon Jul 24 02:49:17 EDT 2000

On Mon, Jul 24, 2000 at 01:18:37PM +1000, Michael wrote:
> 2) has anybody seen a command called "no" I came across this when I was
> trying to compile a new version of xchat. The make can't find it on my
> system so it causes it to die... I poked around on rpmfind.net to look for
> it with no luck. Would anybody know what package it comes from?

I've seen the program 'yes' symlinked as 'no'. If you haven't come across
'yes' before it just spits out 'yes' or $1 to stdout until you kill it.

eg
yes no | rm /usr/src/somecode/*.o

would answer no to any prompt rm put on stdin

on my Debian box

daniel at mage:~$  dpkg -S `which yes`
shellutils: /usr/bin/yes

YMMV with other distribs

regards,
Daniel Quinlan				daniel at netwise.net.au
Netwise Australia			ph:  07 3252 8111
"Engineering Your Network Solution"	fax: 07 3216 0226