[H-GEN] passwords

Mark Suter suter at zwitterion.humbug.org.au
Tue Jul 18 23:33:04 EDT 2000

Folks,

I would like to comment my own words as they appear below.

> I would suggest that you investigate ssh for the remote access,
> disallow all logins as root and use sudo.  This is a very quick
> answer and a more complete answer needs more details ;)

Whatever access mechanisms you employ, you should not login as
the privileged user but should instead login to a normal account
and subsequently elevate privilege.

I suggest that you read section 3 - Security Considerations - of
RFC 2870 - Root Name Server Operational Requirements.

     http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/rfc/rfc2870.txt

Yours sincerely,

-- Mark John Suter  | I know that you  believe  you understand
suter at humbug.org.au | what you think I said, but I am not sure
GPG key id F2FEBB36 | you realise that what you  heard  is not
Ph: +61 4 1126 2316 | what I meant.                  anonymous